40 years of activity ( 18-12-1975 )
SATURN S.A. Alba Iulia is a private company, located in Romania, having as major shareholder C.I.M.U. S.R.L. company from Cinisello Balsamo (MI) - Italy.
SATURN SA was founded in 1972, started the production in 1975 and it is one of the most important Romanian foundries for iron castings.
It was designed and built by the German company BUDERUS WETZLAR, the main equipment being also imported from Germany. The manufacturing process is based upon a German know how. BUDERUS WETZLAR also trained a part of our technical team.
The company's main activity object is the production of iron castings, delivered cleaned, rough machined, painted and tension relieved.
Our representative products are:
- castings for tool machines ( beds, cases, fix and mobile tables, tables for vertical turning, columns, fix and mobile cross bars, a.s.o.);
- castings for metallurgical equipment ( cast iron ingot molds, molding beds and down gates, jackets for cool-carbonization plant);
- counter weights for tool machines, stackers and cranes;
- castings for other applications.
- Length : 500 - 12.000 [mm];
- Weight : 150 - 35.000 [Kg].
More than 90% of our production is exported into U.E. countries.
Our company uses the quality system according to EN ISO 9001:2008, being certified by TÜV Süddeutschland Germany.